The Craft Master 2018
- Malaysian citizen
- Aged 18 and above
- Entrant may submit up to three entries (one product per entry)
- Entry may be made via group or individual
- The product must be original, has not been submitted to any other competition(s), or has not been commercialized or sold in the market
CATEGORY OF PRODUCT
- Table Lamp
- Desk Organiser
- Bag (maximum size 56cm x 45cm)
ENTRY PROCEDURES & CONDITIONS
a. Entrants must submit the following (Round 1):
- Sketches/Finished design illustration files (with colours) of the product(s) (front view, top view, left view, right view, rear view and a 3D view)
- Product description (write up of not more than 200 words on material used, product features, product inspiration, the target market, the selling price, unique selling points, etc.)
- A copy of entrant’s NRIC.
- A completed entry form. A separate entry form is required for each entry (maximum of 3 entries per individual or group). The entry form can be downloaded from www.mycreative.com.my
If the file size of the sketches/finished design illustration exceeds 5MB, please upload your files to any cloud storage services (i.e. Google Drive, Dropbox or WeTransfer) and provide us with the link. The files must be in PDF, GIF, JPEG, PNG or BMP format.
- All of the above must reach the Organiser via email by 16 September 2018. Please e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and kindly ensure to begin your e-mail title with “The Craftmaster2” followed by your full name.
- Each e-mail entry will be acknowledged by an auto-receipt reply from the Organiser. If the participant does not receive any reply within three (3) days after submission, kindly contact the Organiser. Proof of sent email would not be accepted as proof of delivery.
- Entries that qualify to the Final Round will be notified by the Organiser before 21 September 2018.
- Those entrants that qualify to the Final Round are required to submit to the Organiser before 22 October 2018, the following:
- A 30-60 second compiled videos documenting the production of the product by the entrant(s)
- The images of the final/finished product (minimum of 6 angles: front view, top view, left view, right view, rear view and 3D view)
- Powerpoint presentation slides on the final/finished product (Format to be given subsequently)
- If the file size of the video exceeds 5MB, kindly upload the video to any video sharing sites (i.e. YouTube, Veoh, Vimeo or etc) and provide us with the link.
- If the file size of the images exceeds 5MB, please upload your images to any cloud storage services (i.e. Google Drive, Dropbox and etc.) and provide us with the link. The images file must be in PDF, GIF, JPEG, PNG or BMP format.
- For those entries that qualify to the Final Round, the completed physical product(s) need to be presented to the judges on Pitch Day on 27 October 2018.
- Entry that fails to comply with any of the above Entry Procedures and Terms & Conditions of the Competition will be disqualified.
- Competition entry must be made in the manner and by the closing date specified above. Failure to do so will disqualify the entry.
- Creativity & Innovative (Additional Features/Unique Selling Points);
- Closing Date Round 1: 16 September 2018*
- Notification of shortlisted entries to the Final Round : 21 September 2018*
- Closing Date Final Round : 22 October 2018*
- Pitch Day & Winners Announcement: 27 October 2018*
*subject to changes at the Organiser’s discretion
SPECIAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The entrant must be free from any contractual obligations or arrangements or any other legal encumbrances that may prevent him/her from entering the Competition.
- Where an entrant is selected as the finalist of the Competition, the finalist must be able to attend and present their product on Pitch Day.
- In the event the entrant decides to withdraw from the Competition, he/she shall, on demand, reimburse the Organiser for all losses, costs and expenses incurred by the Organiser as a result of his/her withdrawal (including, without limitation, fully refunding any payments made by the Organiser to the entrants).
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITION
- By entering this Competition, entrants agree to comply with Entry Procedures and the Terms & Conditions (collectively called “Terms and Conditions”). Non-compliance of these Terms and Conditions will result in disqualification from the Competition;
- The Entrants must adhere to the mechanism/flow of the Competition as may be briefed and communicated to them by the Organiser in any form(s) throughout the Competition;
- By entering this Competition, entrants hereby warrant that all information submitted are true, current and complete. The Organiser reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants and disqualify any entrants for submitting false information;
- The products submitted must be original and has not won any other competitions or received any awards or sold in the market. New innovative craft products are encouraged.
- Your entry and any information submitted by you must be personal to and relate specifically to you. You hereby warrant that your entry and all information which you submit and/or distribute will not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or any other rights of any third party, and will not contain anything which is libellous, defamatory, obscene, indecent, harassing or threatening. If relevant, the Organiser reserves the right, but not the obligation, to screen, filter and/or monitor information provided by you and to edit, refuse to distribute or remove the same.
- All taxes, insurances, transfers, spending money and other expenses (including meals or personal expenses etc.) as the case may be, unless specifically stated, are the sole responsibility of the entrants/finalists.
- The Organiser reserves the right to cancel or amend the Competition’s Terms & Conditions at its sole discretion. Any changes will be an amendment to the Terms and Conditions of the Competition.
- The Organiser may, in appropriate circumstances, and at its sole discretion, reject, edit, remove entries that appear to be legally or otherwise problematic e.g. infringe the copyright or other intellectual property or privacy rights of others, are defamatory etc. or for any other reason.
- The Organiser reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe that the entrant is not eligible or has otherwise breached any of the Terms and Conditions.
- In the event that any entrant is disqualified from the Competition, the Organiser in its sole discretion may decide whether a replacement should be selected.
- The Organiser reserves the right to amend, extend, postpone or reschedule the Competition period or any of the dates thereof at its sole discretion.
- Finalists are required to present the final product and perform a 20 minutes presentation including Q&A session to the judges;
- The final decision will be made at the end of the Pitch Day and the decision made by the judges are final;
- In the event of any dispute regarding the rules, conduct, results and all other matters relating to the Competition, the decision of the Organiser shall be final and no correspondences, discussions and/or appeals will be entertained at any point of time;
- In all matters, the decision of the Organiser and judge(s) shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
- The Organiser has the right to retain and use the winning products for promotional activities and exhibition under MyCreative Ventures Sdn. Bhd. and/or its affiliates; and
- The Organiser may use the images or videos of the participant product for promotional and publicity by MyCreative Ventures Sdn. Bhd.
- Winners may be requested to take part in promotional activity and the Organiser reserves the right to use the names and addresses of winners in any publicity both in paper and online.
- The Organiser reserves the right to showcase/publicise/disclose the images, visuals, videos, and details included in the entry, any photos taken and video recording made on the Pitch Day for reporting, online and offline publicity, public viewing, for public voting or any other purposes deemed appropriate by the Organiser and the Organiser reserves the rights to brand, tag, mark, edit, modify, extract, store, re-format and impose any changes to the video and images as deemed appropriate for the abovementioned purpose;
- Employees of MyCreative Ventures Sdn. Bhd. or any associated company of MyCreative Ventures Sdn. Bhd. and their immediate families, persons connected with the Competition and their immediate families are not eligible to enter the Competition.
The Organiser shall not be held responsible or liable for:
- Any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorised access to entries, or entries lost or delayed whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions, virus, bugs or other causes outside its control.
- Any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment or software, failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, telephone lines or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation in the Competition.
- Any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the Competition or as a result of accepting any prize.
- Any problem, loss, injury, disappointment or damage of whatsoever nature suffered by any party due to any delay and/or failure in submitting the entry and throughout the Competition period;
- Any problem, damage or loss of whatsoever nature to any entries, or their authorised representatives resulting from their entries in the Competition at any point of time throughout the Competition period;
- Any compensation sought by a third party as a result of copyrights infringement caused by any entrants;
- Any expenses, damages or losses of whatsoever nature to any Entrants’ products; and
- Any other liabilities, actual or contingent that may arise from any other reasons and parties associated with this Competition and materials submitted.