The Publishers 2.0
MYCREATIVE BOOK PUBLISHERS FUNDING PITCH 2016
(THE PUBLISHERS 2.0 – PUBLISHING ENHANCED)
By submitting the official Application Form, the Applicant is deemed to have unconditionally accept the following terms and conditions:
TERMS & CONDITIONS
The Organiser of MyCreative Book Publisher Funding Pitch 2016 (The Publishers 2.0) is MyCreative Ventures Sdn Bhd ("MyCreative”)
1. Eligibility Criteria
- This pitch is open to all book publishers of all genres (with Malaysian creative content) registered in Malaysia.
- Applicants must be a sole proprietor, partnership or a Sdn. Bhd. company.
- Applicants must at least 51% Malaysian ownership.
- The Organiser will check details concerning the eligibility of the applicant and the business plan submitted.
- The Organiser reserves the right to remove or amend selection criteria and/or the structure and operation of the pitch if the applicants are not of the requisite standard.
- The panel of judges will select the list of applicant shortlisted for MyCreativeof funding. The shortlisted applicants will be notified.
- The collective decision from both the panel judges and MyCreative is final and no appeals or correspondence will be entertained at any point.
3. Conditions of Entry
Each entry must include the following:
- An official application form duly completed.
- 5 years Business Plan (format to be downloaded from MyCreativesi website) and 5 years financial projection (Profit and Loss & Cash Flows) of the Company in entirety on a monthly basis (ie inclusive of marketing cost, admin cost and other existing borrowings).
- Minimum of 6 months publishing plan (manuscripts to be published for the next 6 months)
- Borang D (for sole proprietor) or Certificate of Incorporation - form 9 (for a Sdn. Bhd. company).
- Latest audited accounts (for a Sdn. Bhd. company).
4. Submission & Acknowledgement
- All applications must be made in the manner and by the closing date at 6pm on 1 May 2016.
- All entries must include documents as per conditions of entry (in clause 3 above) to email@example.com
- The subject of the email should be “MYCREATIVE BOOK PUBLISHER FUNDING PITCH 2016 (THE PUBLISHERS 2.0)” followed by the APPLICANT’S NAME.
- Each entry will be acknowledged by an auto-receipt reply after it successfully reaches MyCreative mailbox.
- If the applicant does not receive any reply from MyCreative Book Publisher Funding Pitch Committee within one (1) week of submission, kindly contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Proof of emailing cannot be accepted as proof of delivery. The organiser will not accept responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of or unauthorised access to entries, or entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of server functions, technical issues, virus, bugs or other causes outside the organiser control.
- Entries that fail to comply with any of the above rules and conditions of entry will be disqualified.
- The Organiser reserves the right to ask for proof and evidence to verify the information submitted and may use any channels and methods available to carry out checks of any details provided.
5. Pitch Flow
- Submission of all required documents to email@example.com by 1st May 2016.
- Shortlisted applicants will be notified 2 weeks prior to the Pitch Day.
- The shortlisted applicants will present their business plan (power point slides) on the Pitch Day (30th May 2016).
- The organizing committee will select the successful applicants and the announcement will be made on 30 June 2016.
- The Organiser will perform the necessary assessment for approval on the successful applicants. The duration of the assessment will be subject to the completeness of information submitted as well as the on-going discussions and queries from MyCreative.
- Once approved, the agreements need to be drafted and executed by both parties.
- Disbursement of the financing facility will take place upon fulfilment of the conditions stipulated in the agreements.
The Organiser will not be responsible or liable for:
- Any problem, loss, injury, disappointment or damage of whatsoever nature suffered by any party due to any delay and/or failure in receiving and submitting the pitch.
- Any problem, damage or loss of whatsoever nature to any applicants, or their authorised representatives resulting from their participation in the pitch.
- Any technical issues in relation to any telecommunications or internet network (including in relation to speed or bandwidth), including any injury or damage to the applicant's or any other person's device related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the pitch.
7. Personal Data Protection
The personal data collected will be processed by the Organiser to administer the applicant's participation in this competition pursuant to the Data Protection Act 2010. By virtue of the applicant submission of this pitch, the applicant gives consent to the Organiser to use the information for its purposes. The Organiser will take all the physical, technical and organisational measures needed to ensure security and confidentiality of the applicant.
- By entering this pitch, the applicant agrees to be bound by the rules of the pitch.
- By entering this pitch, the applicant hereby warrants that all information submitted are true, accurate, current and complete. The Organiser reserves the right to verify the eligibility of the applicant and disqualify the applicant for submitting false information.
- The organiser reserves the right to cancel or amend the pitche resmeasures or downloading any materials in the pitch. width), including any injury or damage to ion submitted as well as th
- The Organiser reserves the right to disqualify any applicant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the applicant is not eligible or has otherwise breached any of the pitch rules. In the event of fraud, abuse and/or an error affecting the proper operation of this pitch, the organiser reserves the right to end or suspend the pitch; amend the terms and conditions.
- In the event of any dispute regarding the rules, conduct, results and all other matters relating to the competition, the decision of the Organiser shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
- The winner(s) may be required to participate in publicity connected with this pitch. It is a condition of entry that the winner(s) agree to their name being made publicly available if they win.
- If any provision of these terms and conditions is held invalid by law, rule order or regulation of any government, or by the final determination of any court of a competent jurisdiction, such invalidity shall not affect the enforceability of any other provisions not held to be invalid.
- This pitch is governed by the Malaysian Law.
- The applicants hereby warrant that their entry will not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or any other rights of any third party, and will not contain anything which is libellous, defamatory, obscene, indecent, harassing or threatening.
- The English version of the Terms and Conditions shall prevail in the event of any inconsistencies and/or mistranslation in the Bahasa Malaysia’s version.
- The previous winners of The Publishers 2015 are not eligible to enter.